McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
The Marketing Communications Manager creates and develops global marketing programs and campaigns that effectively promote the Firm and its practices across numerous platforms (email, website, blogs, social media and print). This position produces content and builds Firm-wide and practice-specific communication project plans incorporating an overarching strategy, development options and creative concepts. This position can be based in our Chicago or Washington D.C. offices.
As a Marketing Communications Manager, you will:
- Supervise the workflow and performance of the marketing communications team, including providing ongoing feedback and participating in the annual evaluation process
- Counsel on content development, monitor what’s on trend and collaborate with lawyers to create compelling perspectives on key issues facing clients
- Partner with the lawyers and business development to provide guidance on blog initiatives, project manage new Firm blogs, coordinate editorial support and postings, and advise on enhancements
- Manage the Firm’s social media program (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) to leverage Firm thought leadership, culture and events to build out campaigns, drive enhancements and guide best practices
- Provide strategic review and evaluate practice-driven content initiatives by collaborating with business development and advising on marketing enablement programs and content roadmaps
- Partner with marketing technology team on marketing enablement software enhancements and integration to demonstrate content ROI (e-mail campaign system, website, SEO, collateral)
- Oversee special Firm-wide communications projects (i.e. Social Responsibility Report, Holiday eCard, Alumni Newsletter), communication materials related to lawyer onboarding and website content
- Manage the production and distribution of Firm client-facing publications based on Firm’s communication model, and ensure brand consistency and editorial quality
- Build upon standards to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style and quality and optimized for search and user experience across all channels of content