Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct research related to existing clients, potential clients, industries, and geographies.
• Conduct research about potential laterals and law firms.
• Conduct research related to strategic firm wide initiatives.
• Conduct research focused on competitive intelligence.
• Conduct and compile research related to the Client Team Program.
• Gather and prepare internal and external information and research related to initiatives.
• Assist in managing projects involving data for various practice areas, departments, and offices.
• Simplify and organize various forms of information and data related to clients or hiring.
• Assist the Chief Development Officer on growth and development initiatives.
• Be entrepreneurial and proactive in identifying projects that will add value to the overarching goals of the Chief of the Firm.
Must be specifically listed on resume in order to be considered for this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Three plus years of business research in a professional services environment required, preferably within the legal industry.
• Knowledge of the following research tools is preferred: MonitorSuite, Capital IQ, Lexis Nexis, ALM Research Online, Bloomberg, and general website research.
• Strong writing and editing skills. • Proven ability to work proactively and independently.
• Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
• Capable of handling many projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
• Strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to recognize data and calculation inconsistencies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Confident communicator, ability to work effectively with partners and senior administration of the Firm.
• Strong Excel skills including use of functions, pivot tables and other advanced features.
Located in the iconic MetLife Building above Grand Central Station in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, Winston & Strawn’s New York office is the firm’s second largest office and home to approximately 250 attorneys. Reflecting the sophistication and diversity of the world’s business and financial capital in which they practice, Winston & Strawn’s New York attorneys represent a wide variety of domestic and international public and private companies, financial institutions, private equity and hedge funds, and state and local governmental entities in connection with litigation, transactional and financing, labor and employment, tax, real estate, and bankruptcy and restructuring matters. Our clients are highly respected industry leaders who benefit from the fact that all major practice groups are represented here, ensuring seamless client service and depth of experience. Attorneys in the New York office play an integral role in matters across the firm, working closely with their colleagues in other domestic offices as well as Europe and Asia.
The corporate practice in New York focuses on public and private company M&A, securities and capital markets, bank finance, real estate and private equity. Additionally, our New York office includes one of the nation’s leading public finance practices. Litigation attorneys in New York represent clients in high-profile securities, antitrust, white collar, intellectual property (patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secrets), international arbitration, financial services, and complex commercial matters on a regional, national, and global basis.
The New York office strengths also include bankruptcy and restructuring, domestic and international tax, and labor and employment. In keeping with the firm’s commitment to continue to expand our presence in the New York market, the New York office is poised for continued growth and success.
|Company Name||Winston & Strawn LLP|
|Job Type||Mid-level / Exempt|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||New York ,New York|