ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create, implement and oversee communications programs and provide lead support for projects assigned to the communications group, including, but not limited to:
2. Works with attorneys in conjunction with the digital communications manager to manage client alert and blog process for internal and external distribution through a variety of channels.
3. Manages directory submissions and marketing surveys, including, but not limited to:
4. Develops and manages attorney and firm awards and nominations process, including, but not limited to:
5. Researches, writes and edits communications for various practice groups and departments. Works alongside business development managers and director of communications to perform duties.
6. Creates, updates and maintains collateral marketing materials, including experience sheets, tri folds, custom inserts, specialty biographies and PowerPoints.
7. Serves as brand management resource for a variety of projects, including, but not limited to: ad design projects, agency communications, invitations, sponsorships advertising and newsletter layouts.
8. Maintains and updates firm’s lateral recruiting materials for firm and office managing partners.
9. Provides advice and counsel on new communications tools.
10. Assists with other projects in the Marketing Department, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Three to five years of professional services industry management experience. Law firm marketing experience preferable.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and clients and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact while safeguarding confidentiality, and to represent the firm in a favorable and business-like manner.
3. Work often requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; requires irregular hours.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
5. Ability to proofread typed materials for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors; excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience with Associated Press Style (drafting and editing).
6. Proficiency in WindowsXP; Word, PowerPoint and spreadsheet applications, preferably Excel. Keen understanding of desktop publishing programs, including InDesign, Email Marketing (Exact Target), Blog platforms (WordPress).
Barnes & Thornburg LLP is a firm of more than 600 legal professionals throughout 13 offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Delaware, Indiana, Los Angeles, Michigan, Minneapolis, Ohio and Washington, D.C. We are among the 100 largest firms in the U.S. and have experience in virtually all the legal practice areas required to do business in today's global marketplace.
|Company Name||Barnes & Thornburg LLP|
|Employment Type||Full Time|