*Please submit all resumes to recruit.reedsmith.com*
The Business Development Manager provides business development support and project leadership to attorneys in the Complex Litigation Group (“CLG”), interacting with CLG leadership, CLG Partners and Associates, and other business development and marketing resources within the Litigation Department and across the firm.
• In tandem with the Senior Business Development Manager for CLG, this position will be responsible for managing and executing business development activities for a variety of CLG areas of focus, including, business & corporate disputes, class actions, international litigation & arbitration, managed care, mass & toxic torts, , product liability, and construction, across the Reed Smith U.S. offices.
• Key to this position is the ability to provide strategic evaluation of potential client development opportunities, given current market trends and firm competitive advantage, and leading each effort through completion to ensure optimal return on investment.
• The role will require strong organizational skills, time management, initiative, excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform under pressure.
• Key to this role is to have good industry and substantive knowledge as well as experience in a professional services, and ideally, law firm environment.
• This position will function as part of a growing and energetic firm wide marketing and BD team of professionals around the globe. This job specification may continue to evolve according to the needs of the team and firm.
• Develop a working knowledge of the CLG’s services as well as an understanding of the group’s revenue priorities, clients and prospects. Develop in-depth knowledge of and act as firm resource regarding: collective and individual experience; industry/trade group organizations; legal, industry and business trends; practice-specific marketing collateral; and practice-specific media. Keep current on developments and trends in relevant industries and remain informed of all major new clients and significant matters.
• Collaborate with firm resources to prepare routine analyses of industry competition, market trends, internal financial information, business opportunities and pitch activity.
• Work with CLG Leadership, the Director of Business Development and other Business Development personnel to assist in the development of the annual marketing strategy and implement the strategic plan of both the CLG and its individual subject matter teams. Work with select Client Relationship Leaders and other Business Development personnel to develop strategic business development plans for select key clients.
• Assist CLG attorneys in identifying business development opportunities with new and existing clients and in executing individual marketing plans.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required. JD and/or MBA preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of directly relevant experience in a marketing or business development-related position, including experience in a large law firm or professional services firm. Deep knowledge of litigation, including business disputes, class action, arbitration, product liability & mass tort, life sciences and managed care, construction and retail & distribution required. A strong business development and marketing acumen and basic legal substantive knowledge is required. Experience with the ability to influence leadership and Partners is a prerequisite.
Skills: Strong oral and written communications skills with the ability to interact at various levels with confidence and with a customer service attitude. Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task, manage workload and competing priorities and pay close attention to details. Must be able to think critically, present ideas and views clearly and with confidence to people at all levels, including partners and clients. Must be able to demonstrate initiative, be flexible and adaptable and be a good team player. Must have a strong focus on customer service delivery while dealing with a variety of personalities and being sensitive to cultural differences and issues.
|Company Name||Reed Smith LLP|
|Employment Type||Full Time|