The Senior Manager, Marketing & Business Development will have a primary focus on New York – the market, the office, and its lawyers – and will serve as a champion for Crowell & Moring initiatives which drive new business through cross-selling and lead generation, increase market profile, operationalize marketing strategies and plans, and strengthen client relationships and satisfaction. This position is within the Client Development & Practice Management (CD&PM) Department, and works closely with the New York Office Head and other attorneys, CD&PM colleagues, practice group leaders, client and industry teams, and other key stakeholders across the firm.
• Develops and executes focused, effective, and engaging marketing and business development-related plans and initiatives based out of the NY office.
• Works closely with partners and demonstrates leadership in “connecting the dots” to identify, facilitate, and advocate for pursuing cross-selling business opportunities across the office and the firm.
• Creates and executes strategic plans to drive business development and marketing goals of practice groups.
• Assists with the integration of lateral partners and counsel.
• Oversees the office budget with regard to all client development, marketing, and communications-related expenditures.
• Produces events, seminars, sponsorship programs, conferences and trade shows.
• Manages the relationship with various sponsorship organizations of interest to the office and outside vendors.
• Provides content for the website and intranet, firm collateral, pitches and proposals, and internal communications.
• Contributes to pitches, proposals, RFPs and awards/directory submissions.
• Develops supportive relationships with all offices and ensures that strategic marketing and business development expertise is collaboratively provided.
• Develops strategies and written communications, press releases, client case studies, etc. to promote the firm’s successes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be willing and able to “roll up the sleeves” and handle any aspect (from administrative to supervisory) of the task at hand to accomplish the job, including, as necessary, providing assistance for other marketing and business development projects initiated from another office.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external contacts.
• Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and discretion with a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff. Demonstrates investment in building positive building relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to provide the highest quality client service to both internal and external contacts.
• Ability to bring a strategic and innovative mind-set to the development of new initiatives and/or completion of complex projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative and enthusiastic manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Strong competency in core business applications including Microsoft Office and CRM systems. Working knowledge of research and competitive intelligence research tools.
• Knowledge of forums and opportunities relevant to regional clients and potential clients that could promote business development and marketing strategies.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
The position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of increasingly responsible and related marketing and business development or sales experience, during which the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities were demonstrated. A JD, MBA or other related advanced degree may substitute for required experience.
Direct experience in a law firm or professional services environment in any capacity is preferred.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.
One of the nation's best law firms, Crowell & Moring LLP is an international firm which employs over 900 talented attorneys and professionals in the fields of accounting, human resources, administration, information technology, legal support, reference services, and operations. Our firm is AmLaw 100 and growing. We are one of the 100 most prestigious firms in the country to work for according to Vault.com - a unique place where people are valued and exciting careers are built. We can promise that you will love our culture and enjoy working with our enthusiastic team!
|Company Name||Crowell & Moring LLP|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||New York,New York|