Baker Botts is an international law firm with 15 offices worldwide, founded in Houston, Texas, with key industry focuses in Energy, Technology and Life Sciences. The firm is seeking a Client Relations Manager in our Palo Alto or San Francisco office who, as part of the firm’s Client Relations team, will be responsible for the direction and management of the Northern California regional business development, client entertainment and community relations efforts.
Business Development - 75% time allocation
- Provide strategy and implementation support to marketing efforts for the firm into the market and extend regional relationships across the firm.
- Development of and assistance with client team business development plans, cross-sell strategies and client interview meetings.
- Identify targets and provide relevant research and strategic ideas to acquire new business.
- Responsible for the orientation and transition of lateral partner hires, including the creation of a marketing plan.
- Support marketing and business development efforts of firm-wide industry focuses.
- Lead discussions through the regional Client Development Committee to facilitate business development strategy.
- Liaise and collaborate with other Client Relations staff on department and industry projects, events, requests for proposals and presentations, media relations, internal communication and lawyer training.
Marketing & Brand Awareness - 25% time allocation
- Analyze the firm’s marketing position, as well as monitor the competition.
- Initiate and manage large client entertainment/business development events; client CLEs and seminars; and various sporting, arts, and theater events.
- Manage the offices’ community relations and charitable giving programs, including budget creation and management, lawyer board involvement and documentation of all requests submitted to the firm.
- Work with the firm’s Communication Department to create collateral materials and content for the firm Web site, brochures and other marketing pieces.
- Other projects as assigned.