BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING SPECIALIST
The Business Development and Marketing Specialist will support the firm and the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) in ensuring the effective promotion and development of our brand to current and potential clients. The primary focus of this role will be to leverage the time of the firm’s senior consulting staff by providing support for their business development (BD) and marketing efforts. This professional will conduct research and analyze data and insights with a focus towards identifying and implementing resources to assist in activities associated with attracting new clients, retaining current clients, and exploring new business relationship opportunities.
Working closely with the marketing team, the Business Development and Marketing Specialist will take the lead on securing, implementing, and leveraging speaking and sponsorships for the firm.
• Responsible for planning, logistics, implementation, and any other support needed for sponsorships/speaking engagements.
• Analyze trends and business opportunities to concisely and quickly report on their potential and assist in the development and implementation of projects supporting those opportunities.
• Monitor competition and prepare regular updates, alerts, and insight.
• Create and maintain BD support section on CornerZone (intranet).
• Monitor law firm/legal industry trends and practice’s target end client trends.
• Proactively manage awards applications for senior staff and experts.
• Build, manage, and leverage strategic third party relationships for speaking, sponsorship, and thought leadership opportunities.
• Write website news items for events and provide bios, boilerplates, logos, and other support items for third party events.
• Support Marketing Metrics Report data collection, analysis, and report development.
• Support CMO to evaluate new business development opportunities.
• Mine InterAction (CRM) to proactively build target attorney lists for practices and offices.
• Promptly facilitate follow-up on strategic client interactions to accelerate the conversation to a more serious stage.
• Take part in any ongoing or new projects as appropriate.
This position will be located in either our Boston, MA or Washington, DC office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or other related fields of study.
• 3-5 years’ experience in business development, sales, or marketing. Good understanding of professional services environment or previous professional services experience.
• Law firm or legal services familiarity is a plus.
• Strong analytical skills, with a firm understanding of competitive analysis and strategic marketing.
• Demonstrated experience in analyzing and synthesizing information into concise recommendations and strategic plans.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills.
• Proactive problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate with vendors.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs required.
• Experience with CRM system a plus.
• Travel is required, as needed.
Cornerstone Research is a consulting firm specializing in the analysis of complex financial, economic, accounting, and marketing issues. In recent years, Cornerstone Research has become one of the nation’s leading finance and economics consulting firms with more than 600 full-time staff members across eight offices.
We attribute our success to a unique combination of resources: a creative and energetic staff, cutting-edge research, and our network of academic and industry experts. Our consultants employ innovative problem solving approaches and achieve unparalleled analytic depth.
Cornerstone Research has consulted on a wide variety of projects involving numerous industries. Our clients include law firms, major corporations and financial firms, leading life sciences companies, major participants in energy markets, over one hundred Internet and other high-technology firms, and large telecommunications providers. These companies often have a large percentage of their net worth at stake when they seek our services. As such, our projects receive focused attention from chief executive officers, the general counsel and boards of directors of our clients.
CORNERSTONE RESEARCH’S CULTURE Our uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes Cornerstone Research a great place to work. Cornerstone Research invests in its people in a number of ways including providing development opportunities and organizing memorable social events. To many, our culture and our people are the most exciting and enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cornerstone Research is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
|Company Name||Cornerstone Research|
|Job Type||Business Development|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Boston OR Washington D.C.,|
|City||Boston OR Washington D.C.|