The Business Development and Marketing Manager serves as a liaison to various Litigation practices. S/he will work directly with the partners in the practices (across various offices worldwide) to develop and execute clear strategies and business plans, and manage an aligned range of business development and marketing initiatives.
Projects for this position may include: securing panel and other appointments through the submission of written proposals/pitches; managing and assisting with the maintenance of business development and marketing collateral for the group (including experience databases); working with the practice leaders to monitor progress against planned priorities; preparing and supervising directory submissions and improving the profile of the practices and developing strategy for participation in or planning of major events. S/He takes an active role in learning about these and other practices and developing the groups' and the firm's internal knowledge about its clients and business in order to foster cross-selling.
S/he will also have managerial and mentoring responsibility for the Business Development and Marketing Coordinator working with these practices.
Strategic Practice and Client Development
• Participates in hiring, managing and developing junior members of their team.
• Oversees daily operations and reviews staff work.
• Manages professional development of staff goal setting, coaching and training.
• Prepares annual performance appraisals and provides timely feedback on performance.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
• A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience with at least 4 years experience in law firms (especially in the practices listed above) and/or strategic planning, sales, market assessment or positioning in financial services industry or other professional services industry
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university, preferably in business or similar field
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities and take initiative to drive projects
• Exceptional organizational skills for workload
• Excellent writing, proofreading and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated PC experience required: MS Word, PPT and Excel
• M.B.A. or J.D. a considerable plus
• Experience and knowledge of the legal litigation landscape
• Supervisory, managerial and/or project management experience
• Familiarity with databases such as S&P, CapitalIQ and other resources
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
|Company Name||Sidley Austin LLP|
|Employment Type||Full Time|