Reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer, the incumbent will play a critical role in the evolution of the firm’s business development and marketing strategy. This role is expected to work proactively with all members of both practice groups and all members of the Business Development team to develop and support strategic marketing & business development initiatives that help drive new business from both existing clients and prospects.
This role will work closely with the Practice Group Management team to foster a culture of business development and marketing collaboration across practice and industry group lines. This role may also be asked to assist an individual office and/or industry groups in the future dependent upon skill set and the strategic needs of the firm. This role is ideal for a self-starter who can think strategically and is prepared to proactively present strategic marketing & business development ideas to the attorneys that are, ultimately, expected to grow the bottom line. The ideal candidate will have sophisticated communication skills and be able to draft effective sales and business development collateral including pitch and RFP responses.
• Management: 7-10 years marketing or business development experience, with significant and demonstrable project management experience;
• Education and prior service: A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in marketing, communications or a related field. Experience in a law firm and/or professional services industry required.
• Client service: Ability to manage multiple projects at once and respond quickly to inquiries so as to serve as an ambassador of superior internal client service. This role requires hands on abilities with limited support in a team environment. Ability to motivate attorneys while prioritizing work load is essential;
• Budgetary: Proven experience in managing both project-based and contributing to longer-term marketing and communications budget; Communication skills: The candidate must be able to communicate crisply and clearly in both verbal and written formats and leverage established tone and message for all externally-facing materials; and
• Intellectual Curiosity: A BDM is expected to have an intellectual curiosity about how the lawyers in their groups support firm’s clients.
For a full job description and to apply online please visit our website: https://www.stoel.com/about/careers/administrative-business-professionals/openings
Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law. For more information, follow us @stoelrives or visit www.stoel.com.
|Company Name||Stoel Rives LLP|
|Employment Type||Full Time|